Friday 3 June 2011

My dream closet

So i finally start blogging!!
Well well well....jus got over with college.
Just out of boredom, one fine day I  thought of cleaning my closet and the same night i had a dream of  my dream closet <3
It should be just like the Carries closet in "SEX AND THE CITY" 
My closet should hold racks of clothing organized by label, drawers for sunglasses and other accessories, dozens of purses and more than 400 pairs of designer shoes (You know, they would add a bit of glitz into the glossy white closet)


A week ago my closet looked horrible,I figured out a way to make it more organised
so i thought i might just as well talk about cleaning your closet and organizing it.



1. Set some goals.
What would your dream closet look like? First, forget your space constraints and list everything you’d love in a closet. Then prioritize with your lifestyle and your space realities in mind.

2. Inventory.
Toss. And be ruthless. You’ve heard it all before – if you haven’t worn it in a year, give it away.I had to give away my cute pink pants because i bought them and never worn :(  My cowboy jacket sadly bcoz i live in India and no place to wear it..and my sponge bob slippers :( bcos they were dirty and i couldnt possible wash them  
So my friendly advice If it’s in bad shape, throw it away. What you keep, organize into neat piles for the next step.

3. Categorize.
Take a look at all those clothes and accessories you’re keeping and create categories built around what the item is, when you wear it, and how frequently. This will help you figure out what can be stored seasonally and what needs to be most easily accessible vs. what can hide behind some shoes (be honest – it might be the most awesome jacket, but you’re not really wearing that jacket in Delhi summers.)

4. Measure, measure, measure.
With all your stuff out of the closet, it probably looks a bit different to you, so you can imagine multiple options. Before getting carried away, drag out the tape measure and figure out what you’ve got to work with, dimensions-wise.

5. Draw it out.
Grab some graph paper, a sharp pencil and go. With your goals, inventory and space in mind, sketch out concepts until you find one that feels right.

6. Decorate.
Don’t forget this last step. An organized closet is satisfying, but a cute closet is even more fantastic. Paint, wallpaper, art, accessories – don’t be afraid to experiment.

So thats exactly how my closet looks right now!! The upper part is still messed up...will upload a new pic as soon I clean it :)




6 comments:

  1. nice first post nd a nice collection of boots! congrats on ur shiny new blog.. wish u keep it alive and kicking :) .. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks himanshu <3...n everyones knws bout my shoe fetish :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Read ! Keep It Up ! Best Of Luck !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ".. i knw dat Paris is really in your closet, behind the doors that hide ur world.."

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's an awesome post and also the collection of boots....I personally love that well keep it up :)...cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. good work ann..and btw ur closet looks sexy, well actually 'shoexy' ;)

    ReplyDelete